Canazei: 5 things to see besides (or after) the ski slopes
Canazei is the kingdom of those who love mountains and sliding down the track at full speed.
Aside from this stereotype, however, the location offers other activities, no less unique.
Let’s see together what else you can do and see in Canazei when you do not have a pair of skis at your feet.
1. Friedrich August Refuge, not just cows
At 2287 m above sea level, Friedrich August Refuge is one of the most beautiful lodges of the Sella pass that connects Val Gardena to Val di Fassa.
After walking along the spectacular paths that lead to this cabin, you can enjoy traditional Tyrolean cuisine while admiring a breathtaking view from the terrace.
At the Friedrich August Refuge, you will also have the rare opportunity to see yaks, Tibetan cattle introduced to safeguard the pastures, that have immediately become the symbol of the cabin.
2. Relax and wellness at the spa
What’s better than a relaxing dip in the hot water after a long day on the slopes?
The springing water flowing down the mountains offers just the right opportunity to relax, dive, and regenerate in swimming pools, spas, wellness centers and thermal resorts in Val di Fassa.
The Dòlaondes aquatic center (from the Ladin “follow the waves”) with its 2400 sqm divided between wellness, gym, refreshment, and swimming pools, is one of the most famous in Canazei.
3. The Terrace of the Dolomites
The Terrace is the best panoramic viewpoint of the Dolomites. You can reach it starting from Canazei up to Passo Pordoi, where you take the cable car and reach 3000 meters in less than 5 minutes.
From here you can admire the most beautiful summits of the Dolomites: Marmolada, Sassolungo and Sassopiatto, Monte Civetta and Piz Boè, up to Catinaccio and Pale di San Martino.
4. Jump on a sleigh carried by…horses!
Among the most exciting activities for families, a horse-drawn sleigh ride on the snow is definitely one you should try.
Canazei is one of the few locations where you can experience a ride on a sled pulled by Noriker horses, a special horse breed trained and selected just for this.
Needless to say, kids will be enchanted!
5. Retrace the Ladin history
Canazei opens its doors to visitors to let them fully discover the Ladin culture and tradition.
The Ladin de Fascia museum exhibits relics and artifacts of the whole Ladin history, from prehistoric times to the advent of mass tourism and mountaineering, shedding light on the culture and civilization that has always inhabited these mountains.
Another gem is definitely the museum La Gran Vera (“the Great War”) in nearby Moena, which retraces to First World War with testimonies and war relics that have been preserved in perfect condition under the ice for years.
How to get to Canazei
You can easily reach Canazei by booking a private transfer:
Do you need to travel from Canazei?
Choose your Transfer for your way back:
Why choose easytransfer24?
By choosing easytransfer24 you can get:
- Only professional drivers in possession of every license and insurance for passenger transport;
- Fast and easy booking;
- Free of charge cancellation (up to 24 hours before the scheduled transfer service);
- 60 minutes free driver waiting time at airports, stations, and arrival ports;
- 20 minutes free waiting time at the hotel on departure;
- Child seats included in the price
- All-inclusive rate: no hidden costs included, in compliance with the terms and conditions;
- Special luggage management (skis, golf bags, bicycles) at no extra cost, if registered upon booking;
- Flight monitoring: we check your arrival time for you.